Thursday, October 20, 2005

Refreshment

Three recent events really helped to lift my spirit: 1) last Saturday we had the privilege of attending the Psalm Festival at the Calvin College chapel. What a rich experience as we heard the Psalms performed in a variety of styles, in a variety of a languages, by a variety of groups, and were able to participate also in word and song. The service began at 5:00 and continued past midnight until all the Psalms were performed! I was encouraged by the number of students there. 2) last Sunday a number of area churches participated in a Hymn Festival at a local downtown church. It was great to sing in a choir with a variety of people from other churches and experience a glimpse of what is to come – singing with a great combined voice and a variety of instruments to our Creator and Sustainer! 3) Last night we watched a great movie called The Chorus that was very well done and demonstrated grace and the difference that one person can make in the lives of others. I highly recommend it – inspirational!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I noticed the "blog" address at the bottom of your last e-mail... I was excited to see "Psalm Festival" on your site!!! Thanks for reading my paper...I appreciate the comments. Something tells me it's not the last time we'll have a "conversation" on such a topic. I WISH more people would get excited about it. "Church" is pretty much all my best friends and I talk about... (unfortunately they're spread across the country [and Canada] maybe we'll see each other again at seminary) Anyway, you're probably catching on to my love for parentheses...so I should probably stop before they get annoying. Besides, it's late and I still have a LOT of Greek to do.
Shalom-Amos

PS-let me know when/if you get this... it'd be a shame for you to miss a post on your site.

Anonymous said...

I think one of your daughters said once that you were starved for male-football company. I'm an NFL guy myself, but let me know if you're interested in "wasting" a Sunday afternoon sometime I haven't really sat down for a day of football yet this year. It's hard in a dorm (should probably ask Julie to make sure she wouldn't think it was weird... I am pretty weird like that... if it "works" I should probably bring Steph home too-eh?).

Anonymous said...

Dan,
Had a great time watching Julie dance last night. Remembered to check for your blogger page. I put a link to it on Beck's home page so she can check it periodically.
Scott

Anonymous said...

I fool read a insufficient of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I extremely like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap stage list and last will and testament be checking assist soon. Cheer report register out of order my put as highly and leave to me be acquainted with what you think. Thanks.